Had a bad week battling the haze and inflammation thus I decide to make some desserts for the family.
Recipe: Chrysanthemum Wolfberries Jellies
- Konnyaku Jelly Powder 120gm
- Chrysanthemum Flowers
- Honeycomb Sugar
- Wolfberries 10gm
- Ready-to-drink Birdnest x 2 Bottles
- Boil a pot of water (~1litre) and when the water started to boil, put in the Chrysanthemum Flowers and the Honeycomb Sugar. [I would remove the Honeycomb Sugar if I’m pouring in Birdnest as I prefer it to be less/ not too sweet.]
- Let it boil for 15 minutes under low fire.
- Off the fire and remove the Chrysanthemum Flowers.
- Put in the Wolfberries, let it simmer down for 15 minutes.
- Pour in the Konnyaku Powder, stir and mix the powder under low fire for 10 minutes.
- Pour the Birdnest in. [You may skip this step if you are not a fan of birdnest.]
- Off the fire and prepare the molds.
- Pour the mixture into the molds and put it in the fridge.
- Let it sit for 6 hours. [I actually put this into the freezer for 1 hour and then shift it to the fridge to cut short the time.]
- Serve while it’s chilled. 🙂
The girls had helped me with the above and it seems fund as a bonding activity over the weekends. 🙂
Benefits of the Chrysanthemum Wolfberries Jellies:
Chrysanthemum is cooling and is used to treat respiratory issues, high blood pressure, and hyperthyroidism and was said to reduce inflammation and calm ones’ nerves. Wolfberry is high in antioxidants and in Traditional Chinese Medicine, it is good for tired eyes. Bird’s Nest boost better immunity, more energy, better sleep, good complexion, and good virility. Also, regular consumption of Bird’s Nest helps prevent colds and flus.